COVID-19 Relief Fund – 2021
Last year around the same time, KEATS mobilised nearly ₹50.00 lakhs to provide succour to COVID victims. Provisions were distributed to around 4,000 BPL families, PPE kits, masks etc were given to frontline workers, schools and orphanages were financially assisted. The current situation, as you know, is going from bad to worse to worst at warp speed. KEATS decided to step in again to support the underprivileged.
With a target fund of ₹100.00 lakhs this year, KEATS envisages to:
- Establish a 30-bedded COVID Quarantine Center in collaboration with Red Cross, Hyderabad at their Masab Tank premises. The scope of KEATS is to provide the equipment, material, food required for all the patients for a period of 3 months initially. The estimated cost is ₹27.00 – 30.00 lakhs. Red Cross will take care of the manpower including doctors, nursing and support staff, ambulance, safety measures and sanitisation aspects.
- Assist 4 Govt Area Hospitals in Hyderabad and Covid dedicated Gandhi and King Koti Hospitals with the required equipment and materials (actions already initiated).
- Deliver provisions to effected households, specially in tribal villages of Bhadradri‐Kothagudem dt. (distribution began).
- Work in tandem with other NGOs to provide relief to COVID patients.
- Any other relief activity in our capacity as and when the situation demands.KEATS India and KEATS US Inc have collectively pooled ₹40.00 lakhs so far for the cause. We earnestly appeal for your support and suggestions in mitigating the agonies to the extent possible for us.